Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooges 3D feature

Offline 3DStooge

Do you think it would be a good idea to covert a Three Stooges feature length film into 3D?

Offline falsealarms

No. It's best to leave the Stooges films as is.

Offline Curly4444

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I saw Captain America in 3D last night. I enjoyed the movie but I would have enjoyed it just as much in 2D and saved a few bucks in the process.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Curly4444

I saw Captain America in 3D last night. I enjoyed the movie but I would have enjoyed it just as much in 2D and saved a few bucks in the process.
Was the film good at least?

The only good 3-D i saw was avatar, all the rest ive seen looked half ass. A  2-D film converted to 3-D never looks as good as one made for 3-D like avatar.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Saw the 2D version.  Stayed true both to the original '40s Joe Simon & Jack Kirby origin, the retelling and elements that Jack Kirby & Stan Lee added in the '60s, i.e., Peggy Carter, Hydra, and the Arnim Zola character that Kirby created in the '70s.  Particularly enjoyed the use of the Howling Commandos for the story.

This child of the Silver Age was pleased.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Was the film good at least?

The only good 3-D i saw was avatar, all the rest ive seen looked half ass. A  2-D film converted to 3-D never looks as good as one made for 3-D like avatar.

Yeah, the film itself was actually very good. Chris Evans was great as Captain America and the CGI effect of him having a small, wimpy body in the beginning was done. Hugo Weaving was a commanding presence as the Red Skull and Tommy Lee Jones was a lot of fun as the Army General (without getting too spoiler-ific check out the scene where Cap and Peggy Carter kiss for an example of this). It's not going to win an Oscar and it's not even the best comic book movie of all time but I would say it's best one of this year: definitely better than the wretched Thor and Green Lantern. I liked X-Men: First Class but Cap beats that one too.

As for the DVD it was fine but not necessary. My advice would be to do as Brent did and watch it in 2D.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Curly4444

Yeah, the film itself was actually very good. Chris Evans was great as Captain America and the CGI effect of him having a small, wimpy body in the beginning was done. Hugo Weaving was a commanding presence as the Red Skull and Tommy Lee Jones was a lot of fun as the Army General (without getting too spoiler-ific check out the scene where Cap and Peggy Carter kiss for an example of this). It's not going to win an Oscar and it's not even the best comic book movie of all time but I would say it's best one of this year: definitely better than the wretched Thor and Green Lantern. I liked X-Men: First Class but Cap beats that one too.

As for the DVD it was fine but not necessary. My advice would be to do as Brent did and watch it in 2D.

Sounds like it ought to be good.

Haven't seen thor, but i really liked green lantern. Dam, just when we were agreeing on things. lol