Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

So... Which Three Stooges actors/actresses are still alive?

Offline metaldams

Frank Reighter reports that supporting actress Faye Williams of UNCIVIL WAR BIRDS (1946) died earlier today, October 12, 2010 in Texas.

Well you know, she lived to be 85, so good for her. 

I only word it like that not to be insensitive, but to point out the other two actresses who played the "Belle" sisters lived to be 31 (Eleanor Counts) and 37 (Marilyn Johnson).  Does anybody know exactly what happened to them?  For years I've seen their early deaths listed in filmographies, but no details. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
... the other two actresses who played the "Belle" sisters lived to be 31 (Eleanor Counts) and 37 (Marilyn Johnson).  Does anybody know exactly what happened to them?  For years I've seen their early deaths listed in filmographies, but no details. 

An upcoming Journal article that Frank Reighter is working on.

Offline metaldams

An upcoming Journal article that Frank Reighter is working on.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline ThunderStooge

It's been nearly a year since the last post here. I'm wondering if there are any updates.  Who's still with us, and who (sadly) have left our world since then?
"Wake up and Go ta sleep!"

Offline metaldams

Thunderstooge, you really need to subscribe to The Three Stooges Journal, they just had an article about who's still with us.

...and I need to resubscribe myself.  Gary, check's coming in the mail soon. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

Yeah, by all means, subscribe to the Journal. If you're posting on here, it should be a no brainer!

You can subscribe here: http://stoogeum.com/id3.html

Or once the main site returns here, there should be a link to subscribe online.

A year is only $9, but odds are, your first year will be the start of many years as a subscriber. I can't imagine anyone not renewing their subscription after a year. Only a real birdbrain would do that. The content is that good.

Offline QuinceHead

Is the baby from THREE LOAN WOLVES still alive?

Do you mean Jackie Jackson? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0413613/

Or are you thinking of someone else?

For duty and humanity, JohnH aka QuinceHead

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Frank Reighter has learned that Vanda DuPre ('Fifi', FIFI BLOWS HER TOP) died two years ago, July 26, 2009.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline archiezappa

It still amazes me how many of these people are still alive from way back when.  When I was a kid, watching the Stooges, I had no idea how old the Stooges shows were.  Thus, I figured everyone in the shorts to be long since dead.  I still think it's amazing.

Offline Shemp

Hi guys,

I'm planning a trip to Southern CA this summer.  Last Winter, I went with the kids and visited the boy's graves and the stairs from "An Ache in Every Stake".  We had a great time.  This time, I want to meet up with Curly's grandson (have been in communications with him) and I also want to convince someone who worked with the stooges and remembers them and of course is still alive to have lunch with me and the kids and reminisce. 

Of the list you folks have put together, and of those who are still alive in 2013, and on top of that happen to live in Southern CA (if you know) are there any that you recommend I try and track down specifically? 

Thanks in advance!!!   

Shemp

Offline FineBari3

Sylvia Lewis!  I do not know where she lives, but she was at the Stooge's supporting actress reunion in '07 in Burbank.  She does not travel by plane, and therefore will not go to the Fan Club Meetings in Philadelphia.

She was the sexy devil that dances for Shemp!  She had a very interesting career as a dancer and choreographer.

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Shemp

Very cool, thanks!  You are right, she is still alive.  She lives in Thousand Oaks.  That would be on my way to LA (I live near Sacramento).  It appears she was only in one short, Bedlam in Paradise?

Any others?  Perhaps I can get lucky and there is a supporting actor/actress that was in many more shorts, thereby increasing their level of knowledge and insight?  I'm not trying to be greedy or ungrateful, I just want to get the most I can out of any of those folks down there that are still alive. 

I did not know there was a Stooge Supporting Actors Reunion in Southern CA, maybe it was a one time thing, you did not mention, but tell me more if it's an annual or regularly recurring deal.... I'll go if they let me in!! 

Offline FineBari3

It was at the Ray Court's collectors show.  I believe Jim Pauley put it together, and it was a one time thing.  You would be surprised that most of the supporting actors do not recall much about working with the Stooges.  They mostly came in for one day, did the scenes, and that was it!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline JazzBill

I've been able to meet a few of the surviving supporting actors by attending the fan club meetings in Ft. Washington Pa.  This year Hal Fryar is supposed to be there. Moe's children Paul and Joan are usually there too. Jon's Bar & Grille ( Larry's birthplace ) and the Stoogeum, are close by if you care to do a little sight-seeing.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline garystooge

I've been able to meet a few of the surviving supporting actors by attending the fan club meetings in Ft. Washington Pa.  This year Hal Fryar is supposed to be there. Moe's children Paul and Joan are usually there too.

Unfortunately, we've recently learned that our special guest, Hal Fryar, will be unable to attend the fan club meeting on May 4&5. He has been diagnosed with spinal stenosis and his doctor has strongly advised him to avoid travel. Hal was excited about returning this year and is very disappointed that he can't make it. At this late date we won't be able to replace him. We're still expecting Joan Maurer, Paul Howard and Curly Howard's grandsons, Brad & Darren Server. Also hoping that Moe's granddaughter Jen Howard will be there too.

Because Hal will not be attending, there will be a significant cost savings in the neighborhood of $2,000 (his plane tickets, hotel room, meals, the cost of printing up his give-away photos, etc). For this reason, I have decided to cancel the $10/person admission charge that was announced in the Journal. Admission will now be totally free, both Saturday at the Holiday Inn and Sunday at the Stoogeum.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,
Gary

Offline falsealarms

There are around 30 still living players from the shorts and feature films.

There could be a couple more as some players remain unaccounted for either way. The best example of this is Norma Randall (SPOOKS). We've been looking for her for years and years but there's nothing definitive on her either way at this point. If she's alive, she would be in her early 80s.

Offline Shemp

Does anyone know if Eunice Dent, Vernon's wife, is still alive?  Last year (2012), at 104 years old, she was still alive.  He died in 1963. What a gap in life spans! 

Offline Shemp

Not sure where else to post this.

Today is the 38th anniversary of Moe Howard's death.    [cry]

RIP Legend of comedy