Soitenly
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Read These First (FAQ) / Re: Worst Episode Opinion
« Last post by Shemp_Diesel on Today at 08:44:32 PM »
Speaking of "Worst Episodes," I thought it was more than a bit funny--and maybe ironic--that on the "Hey Moe, Hey Dad" DVD when Paul Howard cites some of the examples of "Good" Joe Besser shorts, he singles out Hoofs and Goofs as one of them. That got a sly chuckle from me...   >:D
General Discussion / Re: The Worst Stooge Shorts There Never Were
« Last post by CurlyFan1934 on Today at 04:33:19 PM »
Cheap Chirps

This is a Joe Palma-era Stooge short wherein Moe, Larry and "Shemp" buy two birds for very low prices, for absolutely no reason at all. Then, there is archive footage from "Hold hands you lovebirds!" scene from Brideless Groom for absolutely no reason at all. I guess because there's a bird in that scene? I don't know. The plot is confusing. We then go to a rehash of Cuckoo on a Choo-Choo but with birds playing Shemp and Moe.. And for that matter all of the other actors too. And then at the end Moe and Larry visibly quit for some reason and just leave Joe Palma in bird form and then the director yells "Cut" and then the short ends. It's really quite a confusing short.
BRACKET 1
Three Little Beers
Three Arabian Nuts

BRACKET 2
Brideless Groom
Hoi Polloi
Weekly Episode Discussions / Re: Paul Pain's Stooge Short Tournament - Elite 10
« Last post by metaldams on March 22, 2017, 08:31:06 PM »
Three Little Beers
Three Arabian Nuts

An Ache in Every Stake
Hoi Polloi
« Last post by Lefty on March 22, 2017, 02:57:52 PM »
=========================================Bracket 1===========================================================
1 THREE LITTLE BEERS
5 THREE ARABIAN NUTS

=========================================Bracket 2===========================================================
30 DISORDER IN THE COURT
8 HOI POLLOI
« Last post by Umbday on March 22, 2017, 02:29:26 PM »
Carnage. In Bracket 2, I eliminated several films that I like better than both films in Bracket 1.

BRACKET 1
1 THREE LITTLE BEERS 
7 NO CENSUS, NO FEELING

BRACKET 2
18 AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE 
8 HOI POLLOI 
Bracket 1
HOW HIGH IS UP?
THREE ARABIAN NUTS

Bracket 2
BRIDELESS GROOM
IN THE SWEET PIE AND PIE
I'm at that point, all right, but I reached that point a while back.
« Last post by Paul Pain on March 22, 2017, 11:36:01 AM »
I'll stick it out to the end, but I'm finding this more and more distasteful.  I never liked scoring these things, never have done it, and having to vote against some of my all-time faves is not a lot of fun.

Have you, like me, reached the point of "I love all of these equally"?

I'll stick it out to the end, but I'm finding this more and more distasteful.  I never liked scoring these things, never have done it, and having to vote against some of my all-time faves is not a lot of fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10