Soitenly
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: The Worst Stooge Shorts There Never Were
« Last post by Paul Pain on Today at 03:58:50 PM »
Buddy starts out the film acting like a youthful, joyous Curly, and ends it looking like Steven Hawking.

This is an hilariously descriptive image.
General Discussion / Re: Creating New Topics
« Last post by Tony Bensley on Today at 01:50:24 PM »
Upper right corner of subforum (e.g. "General Discussion")... see "New Topic"
Thanks, Paul!  :)
Weekly Episode Discussions / Re: Knutzy Knights (1954)
« Last post by Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80 on Today at 01:28:33 PM »
An okay remake because the new footage was enjoyable and enjoyed Shemp's hand becoming huge and swollen (although that gag was done better in "Loose Loot"), also is it just me or was this the only stooge short (not counting stock footage) where Jacques O'Mahoney appears in a Jules White directed stooge short? I do notice the rest of the episodes he appeared in were directed by Edward Bernds which made me wonder how Jacques O'Mahoney felt about Jules White.

I give this short a 5/10, I wish it had new footage available in the middle of the short as well as the end of the short.
« Last post by Paul Pain on Today at 01:16:14 PM »
Upper right corner of subforum (e.g. "General Discussion")... see "New Topic"
« Last post by Tony Bensley on Today at 12:42:56 PM »
OK, I have either apparently forgotten how to start a new topic (Which I did not that long ago!), or whatever button I previously used isn't displaying on my page, for some unknown reason?

Anyway, I wish to start a new topic regarding the Warner Comedy Teams GOLD RAIDERS/MEET THE BARON DVD Combo, for which there have been numerous reports of GOLD RAIDERS not playing, and would greatly appreciate some assistance in being able to start new topics again, if at all possible.  Thanks!

CHEERS!  [3stooges]
Keep in mind that many Besser shorts, like QUIZ WHIZZ, were clearly written with Besser in mind, using some of Besser's own vaudeville tricks and routines from his solo shorts.  Likewise, certain remakes were only possible because it was Joe, not Shemp.
Okay, so I'm not the only one that has this problem. I watched it a few times. The Gold Raiders movie will no longer play on my DVD. I feel like I wasted money.
Perhaps a separate topic should be started just for the subject of the apparently widespread defectiveness of the MEET THE BARON/GOLD RAIDERS Warner Comedy Teams DVD?
Okay, so I'm not the only one that has this problem. I watched it a few times. The Gold Raiders movie will no longer play on my DVD. I feel like I wasted money.
My copy of GOLD RAIDERS actually did work the first time I watched it, but wouldn't work after that, even though I was using the same DVD player. Eventually, I ended up buying it on iTunes, so I can access it whenever I want now.
I recently read a post on a different forum about somebody having bought that DVD new and GOLD RAIDERS wouldn't play at all on that one, either!  That MEET THE BARON/GOLD RAIDERS Warner DVD sure is a problematic one, isn't it?  It rather sucks to have to double dip on a title due to a common defect, which this appears to be.

It may not do any good, but I'm seriously considering contacting Warner about this matter, especially as I have no other recourse for getting a replacement DVD, since the Amazon Marketplace vendor I purchased this DVD from apparently no longer exists.  The way I see this, it couldn't hurt!

CHEERS!  [3stooges]
I think I've chewed over this before, but I can definitely see "Muscle Up" working a lot better if Shemp was there. As for the features, I've come to accept Derita for what he is--a very capable comedian who filled his role well & did the job he was hired for. That, and the obvious fact that Moe and Larry were a lot older and couldn't be as wild as they were in the glory days of the short films.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10