Soitenly
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
11 Dapper Malone in CRIME ON THEIR HANDS
7 Ichabod Slipp in HOLD THAT LION!
I just realized I screwed up seeding... the two MacDonald shorts should have been against each other with BOOBS and DUNKED squaring off in this round.

Keep voting anyway, folks!

11 Dapper Malone in CRIME ON THEIR HANDS better everything in this... plot, characters
55 Borscht in DUNKED IN THE DEEP better everything again...
Weekly Episode Discussions / Re: The Music Box (1932) - Laurel and Hardy
« Last post by stoogerascalfan62 on January 22, 2018, 01:42:43 PM »
One of my personal favorite Laurel and Hardy films.

This was the easy one:

4 Sergeant Dare in BOOBS IN ARMS

This was the hard one:

55 Borscht in DUNKED IN THE DEEP

I read the original threads and re-watched the shorts. Two things stood out:

One, Borscht is on screen way more than Slipp, so he is much more integral to the story.

Second, Borscht is seriously funny. Loved his rant, that goes on and on, about not wanting to share the salami.
General Discussion / Re: Shemp....
« Last post by metaldams on January 20, 2018, 07:38:03 PM »
I would love to see the Monograms get an official DVD release.

Regarding THE BANK DICK, I tried watching it a couple times but just could not get into it. For some reason, Fields is the one comedian from that time period who I just never found funny.

I know Shemp appeared with Lon Chaney Jr. as a comedy duo in SAN ANTONIO ROSE. Does anyone know how prominently they appear in that film?

Shemp and Lon Chaney, Jr. as a comedy team?  Now that I gotta see!
Weekly Episode Discussions / Re: The Ultimate Stooge Villains Tournament - Banal 4
« Last post by metaldams on January 20, 2018, 06:32:02 PM »
Boobs
Deep

Nothing against Kenneth MacDonald, of course.
55 Borscht in DUNKED IN THE DEEP

"Everything happens to me-e-e-e-e!!"
"Where did I put mein garlic?"
General Discussion / Re: Shemp....
« Last post by Umbrella Sam on January 20, 2018, 01:19:20 PM »
Agreed the Shemp role isn't much in THE BANK DICK, but if the Shemp role was played by any other character actor, nobody would care.  It's a perfect Fields movie and easily the best he made at Universal.  Shemp played supporting parts with Abbott and Costello too.  Sadly, Universall didn't see him as a star.

What I would be interested in seeing are the Monogram films where Shemp was part of a team that was top billed.  Monogram and Lugosi were magic, why not Shemp?

I would love to see the Monograms get an official DVD release.

Regarding THE BANK DICK, I tried watching it a couple times but just could not get into it. For some reason, Fields is the one comedian from that time period who I just never found funny.

I know Shemp appeared with Lon Chaney Jr. as a comedy duo in SAN ANTONIO ROSE. Does anyone know how prominently they appear in that film?
Weekly Episode Discussions / Re: The Ultimate Stooge Villains Tournament - Banal 4
« Last post by Lefty on January 20, 2018, 10:55:16 AM »
7 Ichabod Slipp in HOLD THAT LION!

Not easy choices, but I did not want to "double or nothing" Kenneth MacDonald.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10