Soitenly
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
General Discussion / R..I.P. June Foray
« Last post by Umbrella Sam on July 27, 2017, 08:54:48 AM »
June Foray, the actress whose voice brought joy to various generations of children, has passed away at the age of 99. Her only work involving the Stooges was as the voice of some of the Marquis Chimps in the abysmal STOP! LOOK! AND LAUGH!, but the number of voice roles she did in cartoons is endless. She was Granny and Witch Hazel in Looney Tunes, Rocky the Flying Squrriel, Splinter and Knothead from Woody Woodpecker, Cindy Lou Who from How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the children from Frosty the Snowman, Magica de Spell and Ma Beagle on DuckTales, the list goes on. She was still active into the 2010s, notably reprising her roles as Granny and Rocky the Flying Squirrel. May she R.I.P.
General Discussion / Re: What's your fav Elton John?
« Last post by metaldams on July 26, 2017, 09:53:17 AM »
...and for the record, I'm a huge Alice Cooper fan.  Elton likes Alice too, and one of my favorite A.C. albums is FROM THE INSIDE, which was co written by Bernie Taupin.  Davey Johnstone played guitar with Alice around that time '78 - '79 and I have DVD footage.
« Last post by metaldams on July 26, 2017, 09:35:31 AM »
« Last post by Paul Pain on July 26, 2017, 06:04:43 AM »
My favorite Elton John song is "not Elton John." :P [3stooges]
Music That Sucks / Re: #35 Paul McCartney A.B. (After Beatles)
« Last post by Paul Pain on July 26, 2017, 06:03:01 AM »
I love it for the same reasons people love LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS.  It's so ridiculous that it had to be induced by acid or mushrooms.
« Last post by metaldams on July 25, 2017, 11:35:15 PM »
Glad to know I'm not the only who likes Admiral Halsey/Uncle Albert.

I enjoy it too.  Lots of different moods and changes in one song that go well together, like a mini side two of ABBEY ROAD packed into one song.  RAM is really a good album, it's grown on me over the years.
« Last post by Umbrella Sam on July 25, 2017, 12:46:49 PM »
Seeing as how I'm a huge Elton John fan, I figured that I'd add my top 10 as well:
1. Madman Across The Water (the version with Mick Ronson on guitar)
2. Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding
3. Someone Saved My Life Tonight
4. Tiny Dancer
5. Roy Rogers
6. (Gotta Get a) Meal Ticket
7. Sick City
8. Crocodile Rock
9. I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues
10. Come Down In Time

Of course, there are a lot of other great songs, but I have to limit myself or I'd be on this thread forever.  :laugh:
Sam, the oil exec gave Buster the toupee because it was a lot better than getting scalped.  I know many on this site don't like comedy westerns, or I guess really westerns of any kind, but you gotta love this.  Not a wasted frame.
« Last post by Umbrella Sam on July 24, 2017, 06:17:02 PM »
As Paul Pain just remarked ... One song you didn't mention in your critique, metaldams, is the early McCartney tune "Admiral Halsey/Uncle Albert" that I actually like, but, as you mentioned, has all the qualities of post Beatles / McCartney songs. With lyrics like, "Butter Pie ... butter pie? (the butter wouldn't melt so I put it in the pie)"
Perhaps we should pick that song apart to learn more about the degradation of McCartney in his post Beatles life.

Glad to know I'm not the only who likes Admiral Halsey/Uncle Albert.
« Last post by Giff me dat fill-em! on July 24, 2017, 05:15:00 PM »
As Paul Pain just remarked ... One song you didn't mention in your critique, metaldams, is the early McCartney tune "Admiral Halsey/Uncle Albert" that I actually like, but, as you mentioned, has all the qualities of post Beatles / McCartney songs. With lyrics like, "Butter Pie ... butter pie? (the butter wouldn't melt so I put it in the pie)"
Perhaps we should pick that song apart to learn more about the degradation of McCartney in his post Beatles life.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10