Soitenly
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I don't know if my iPad is the issue, but when I tried, the only address showing in the address bar was "www.busterkeaton.com,". In other words, when I clicked the link and was able to get to the film's page, the address bar didn't change, so I had nothing to copy and paste.  Looking forward to your review when you get around to seeing this one.

For the record, my DVD player has been inconsistent lately, so hoping it works well when I try to review Buster this weekend.  The thing's old, if discs don't play, may cave in and buy a blu ray player.  We'll see.
Without a Blu-ray setup, you're missing out - Says the guy who watches them on a 720p Flatscreen! [scratch]

CHEERS!  [pie]

Weekly Episode Discussions / Re: The Cameraman (1928) - Buster Keaton
« Last post by metaldams on December 12, 2017, 08:46:48 PM »
I just want to say that I do plan to watch and review this... I'm just enjoying my first time off in a while :)

I take it my links to the Damfino's page weren't appreciated?

I don't know if my iPad is the issue, but when I tried, the only address showing in the address bar was "www.busterkeaton.com,". In other words, when I clicked the link and was able to get to the film's page, the address bar didn't change, so I had nothing to copy and paste.  Looking forward to your review when you get around to seeing this one.

For the record, my DVD player has been inconsistent lately, so hoping it works well when I try to review Buster this weekend.  The thing's old, if discs don't play, may cave in and buy a blu ray player.  We'll see.
« Last post by Umbrella Sam on December 12, 2017, 07:25:38 PM »
I just want to say that I do plan to watch and review this... I'm just enjoying my first time off in a while :)

I actually enjoyed those; they were good for consulting if I didn’t understand a certain part.
« Last post by Paul Pain on December 12, 2017, 06:18:16 PM »

Weekly Episode Discussions / Re: Merry Mavericks (1951)
« Last post by Tony Bensley on December 11, 2017, 11:14:33 PM »
Regarding this short, I'm clearly in the minority, in that I rather enjoyed it. Yes, MERRY MAVERICKS (1951) does borrow quite a bit from PHONY EXPRESS, and most of the then usual supporting players are absent this time around.  Nevertheless, this short just worked for me, somehow, and I give it 7 out of 10.

I also find it interesting that this western themed Three Stooges short was released by Columbia a mere two days prior to their feature length Monogram Pictures western, GOLD RAIDERS (1951), another pre Curly Joe feature that apparently many Stooge fans consider a bit below par, but that I rather enjoyed!  Perhaps I was just in the right levitous mood earlier this evening? I'll also give that a 7 here, as for some unknown reason, I'm unable to find it in the Weekly Episode film listings, although I swear up and down I have seen it there, before!  The other pre 1959 Three Stooges featured Features have seemingly disappeared as well, or am I imagining things?

CHEERS!  [3stooges]
General Discussion / Re: Shemp....
« Last post by Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80 on December 11, 2017, 06:59:31 PM »
As a kid I was more into Curly because I loved his child like persona and even found myself imitating him, while I did like Shemp growing up but I didn't find him to be as funny or out there like I did with Curly, as I've gotten older I grew to find Shemp to be nearly as good as Curly although I find some of the Shemp episodes to be a bit more hit and miss than the Curly episodes, now I find some of the best Shemp episodes to be on par with the best Curly episodes, I do wish most of the later Shemp films didn't have recycled footage from his earlier shorts, that was the reason why I tend to like some of the Joe Besser episodes more than the recycled Shemp shorts.

I've thought the best era of the Shemp episodes was when they've had both Jules White & Hugh McCollum producing them.
Weekly Episode Discussions / Re: Rockin' Thru the Rockies (1940)
« Last post by Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80 on December 11, 2017, 03:23:50 PM »
Very underrated stooge short from the wonderful year of 1940, I loved the scene where Moe & Larry were freezing cold while sleeping while Curly took the blankets all for himself along with Curly using the guitars for shoes! I wish Kathryn Sheldon had appeared in more stooge shorts because she gives a great performance as the Belle's mother.

I give this short a 10/10, I even like this short better than the more popular "A Plumbing We Will Go".
Weekly Episode Discussions / Re: Pies and Guys (1958)
« Last post by Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80 on December 10, 2017, 11:40:21 PM »
While this short is easier to watch than Half Wits Holiday due to Curly's alarming health deterioration I didn't think the supporting actors for this short were nearly as good as the supporting actors in Half Wits Holiday, I especially thought Milton Frome was a poor replacement for Vernon Dent's original character, especially the scene where he yells "NOOOOO!!!!!" That scene was cringeworthy IMO, Gene Roth and Greta Thyssen at least do a decent job with their roles.

Overall not one of the best Besser shorts but definitely not one of the worst, I give this one a 5/10
Weekly Episode Discussions / Re: Pardon My Clutch (1948)
« Last post by Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80 on December 10, 2017, 07:05:33 PM »
I could never understand the high praise people have for this short, I've always thought this short was only good at best but would've been better if they would've chosen another actor to play Claude instead of Matt McHugh, I've thought he gave a poor performance as Claude and was someone who I've found annoying, also he never really seemed like he was all that friendly towards the stooges either.

I do love Emil Sitka's character turning out to be a mental patient along with seeing Claude becoming selfish and greedy towards the end of the episode only to realize he didn't get what he wanted, this is one short that gets rolling towards the end of the episode.

Overall I give this short a 7/10 due to how good the final section of the short was along with Larry and Moe's "fish" line.
Weekly Episode Discussions / Re: Bubble Trouble (1953)
« Last post by Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80 on December 10, 2017, 01:58:02 PM »
I actually like this short better than "All Gummed Up" because I've seen this one before I've seen "Gummed" and always preferred seeing Emil Sitka turning into a gorilla instead of a baby in the original, plus it was great seeing the gorilla raising hell and what happens to Moe at the end of the episode is hilarious!

I give this short a 7/10 because the new footage was IMO very good although I wish there was more of it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10