Soitenly
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**  (Read 229420 times)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**
« Reply #1250 on: June 19, 2017, 11:43:22 AM »
  • Publish
  • Can anybody provide some additional details about these two films in the database?

Screen Snapshots Series 13 # 5
    Screen Snapshots Series 22 # 8

The first one lists Chico Marx as a cast member, and the second lists the Marx Brothers and the Ritz Brothers as well as the Stooges. This seems pretty notable. Is it known if they're in any scenes with the other brothers?

SCREEN SNAPSHOTS were paparazzi one-reelers distributed by Columbia 1924 - 1958, showing celebs at work and play around Hollywood.  The Stooges and brothers Marx & Ritz shared no footage.

Offline Bill S.

• Porcupine
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1251 on: June 22, 2017, 12:39:57 AM »
  • Publish
  • Thank you. That's too bad. To clarify, were the Marx & Ritz Brothers not in any scenes together either?

Offline Smokey Moe

• Porcupine
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1252 on: July 07, 2017, 09:40:48 PM »
  • Publish
  • I've recently been collecting DVDs of the "Ted Healy & His Stooges" era and I have almost complete the collection (I have 16 films on 11 DVDs). There are still 4 films that remain though. Those are...

Fox Movietone Newsreel (1929)
    Screen Snapshots Series 13 # 5 (1933)
    Movietone News (1933)
    Dancing Lady (1933)

I will eventually get Dancing Lady since it is available on amazon, and there are a few clips from Fox Movietone Newsreel floating around on the internet that I can probably just burn onto a DVD. What I am asking for is a link that will get me a copy of the remaining 2 films and maybe a longer, uncut version of Fox Movietone Newsreel. Also if any of you have copies of them on DVD, I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for the DVDs. Thanks. -Smokey Moe (John)

Facebook Comments