Soitenly
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: archiezappa singing and driving  (Read 446 times)

Offline archiezappa

• Numbskull
    • View Profile
archiezappa singing and driving
« on: December 20, 2017, 09:27:09 PM »
  • Publish

• This is me, using my real name (Bryan Harwell), in the music video for the song I wrote called "Serious Delirious (The Coffee Song)." On the recording, that's me on guitar, bass, drums, vocals, and sound effects. Enjoy!

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
    • Egghead
    • Sugar Daddy in waiting
      • View Profile
    Re: archiezappa singing and driving
    « Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 05:55:42 PM »
  • Publish
  • Throw in some vocal harmonies and it would sound like one of those light hearted Brian Wilson moments.  Nice job!  Great that you play multiple instruments, I only play bass.  Just subscribed to your channel.

Rush "The Trees"

Since you play bass, please let me know what you think.

Offline archiezappa

• Numbskull
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 09:43:17 PM »
  • Publish
  • Sounds good. You're a much better bass player than I. Well, my songs are not very complicated. You rock!

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
    • Egghead
    • Sugar Daddy in waiting
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 06:27:56 AM »
  • Publish
  • Sounds good. You're a much better bass player than I. Well, my songs are not very complicated. You rock!

Thank man.  Keep in mind bass is all I play.  I actually play guitar the same two finger style as I do bass since I'm not good with a pick, and that doesn't work well on guitar.  Drums I can do one basic beat in 4/4 and one in 6/8, and when it comes to singing, I have this uncanny ability to sing in all 12 keys in one vocal phrase.  I did write lyrics to a song over twenty years ago for a local band while in high school, ironically called, "The Coffee Song!"  I think that somehow got lost in time, LOL.  You play it all and write, so good work.

Offline archiezappa

• Numbskull
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 05:11:20 PM »
  • Publish
  • Thank man.  Keep in mind bass is all I play.  I actually play guitar the same two finger style as I do bass since I'm not good with a pick, and that doesn't work well on guitar.  Drums I can do one basic beat in 4/4 and one in 6/8, and when it comes to singing, I have this uncanny ability to sing in all 12 keys in one vocal phrase.  I did write lyrics to a song over twenty years ago for a local band while in high school, ironically called, "The Coffee Song!"  I think that somehow got lost in time, LOL.  You play it all and write, so good work.

I especially appreciate the comparison to Brian Wilson. I do love the Beach Boys. Yeah, I haven't really mastered any one instrument, but I have written many songs. In writing, I know each song inside and out. Thus, I get what I want from each instrument. Sometimes, through trial and error. Sometimes, through happy accidents.

The other thing is that, since I do everything, I have complete creative control from the first written word to the final recorded master. It's a lot of fun, but I don't make money from it.

Facebook Comments