Soitenly
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What was the first stooge film you've ever seen?  (Read 286 times)

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

• Bonehead
    • View Profile
What was the first stooge film you've ever seen?
« on: December 05, 2017, 11:31:49 PM »
  • Publish
  • The first stooge film I've ever seen was "Three Pests In A Mess" (1945) on WTBS's "Three Stooges Fright Night" special that came on around Halloween 1992, I remember laughing my butt off at the Stooges antics, other shorts I remember seeing that night are "Dopey Dicks" & "We Want Our Mummy"

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
    • Egghead
    • Sugar Daddy in waiting
      • View Profile
    Re: What was the first stooge film you've ever seen?
    « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 08:23:39 AM »
  • Publish
  • Probably sometime in the mid 80's as a kid, couldn't tell you the first short.  Watched them whenever they were on TV with my Dad as a kid, but I saw tons of shorts.  The first, though?  The first moment eludes me.

Offline Umbrella Sam

• Chucklehead
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 08:57:28 AM »
  • Publish
  • The first Stooges production I ever watched was some episodes of The New Three Stooges on a cartoon DVD I had as a kid. As for the first short I ever saw, I think it was probably DISORDER IN THE COURT, since I had one of those public domain DVDs.

Offline CurlyFan1934

• Beetlebrain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 05:19:32 PM »
  • Publish
  • It might have been either Punch Drunks, Men in Black, or A Plumbing We Will Go. Couldn't tell you specifics, but I know that it was one of those three and I obviously liked it or else I wouldn't be on this website.

Offline archiezappa

• Numbskull
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 07:22:09 PM »
  • Publish
  • I have an early memory of watching "The Ghost Talks." I don't know if it's the first episode I saw, but it's the first one that I remember watching.

Offline Tony Bensley

• Puddinhead
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 10:29:07 PM »
  • Publish
  • My first Stooge experience in the early '70s was actually just catching a brief scene that consisted of a parent telling their son he could watch TV for another half hour, and the Stooges were either appearing on TV or else they were inside of it.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I have seen the full film since, but for the life of me, I don't recall which one that scene is in!

The first full film that I saw around 1976 was HAVE ROCKET~WILL TRAVEL (1959), the first of the "Curly Joe" era features, although I wasn't aware of that at the time.

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

Offline Woe-ee-Woe-Woe80

• Bonehead
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 11:56:19 PM »
  • Publish
  • My first Stooge experience in the early '70s was actually just catching a brief scene that consisted of a parent telling their son he could watch TV for another half hour, and the Stooges were either appearing on TV or else they were inside of it.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I have seen the full film since, but for the life of me, I don't recall which one that scene is in!

The first full film that I saw around 1976 was HAVE ROCKET~WILL TRAVEL (1959), the first of the "Curly Joe" era features, although I wasn't aware of that at the time.

CHEERS!  [3stooges]

Oddly when I was a kid I used to think Curly and Curly Joe were the same person, it took me a little while to figure out that they weren't the same person.

Facebook Comments