Soitenly
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Who do you think Shemp had the most chemistry with (besides the Three Stooges)?

Jack Haley
0 (0%)
Harry Gribbon
0 (0%)
Shemp’s Stooges
0 (0%)
Daphne Pollard
1 (25%)
Roscoe Ates
0 (0%)
Andy Clyde
2 (50%)
Lon Chaney, Jr.
0 (0%)
Mary Wickes
0 (0%)
Leon Errol
0 (0%)
Mantan Moreland
0 (0%)
Billy Gilbert and Maxie Rosenbloom
1 (25%)
El Brendel
0 (0%)
Tom Kennedy
0 (0%)
Other (Please Specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Shemp’s Best Comedy Partner(s)  (Read 375 times)

Offline Umbrella Sam

• Puddinhead
    • View Profile
Shemp’s Best Comedy Partner(s)
« on: October 11, 2017, 07:42:41 PM »
  • Publish
  • I was looking through some old threads and thought that falsealarms asked a pretty interesting question in the BRIDE AND GLOOM thread: who do you think Shemp had the most chemistry with as a comedy team? I’m giving my vote to Andy Clyde, mostly because I really like MONEY SQUAWKS and think if they had made more shorts like that as opposed to shorts in which they’re in-laws, they could have had a lot of potential. Leon Errol was a close second.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

• Bunionhead
      • View Profile
    Re: Shemp’s Best Comedy Partner(s)
    « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 09:53:10 PM »
  • Publish
  • Aside from the obvious "Christine McIntyre" answer, it's hard for me to answer, considering I have not seen many of these in awhile. Or not at all....

Daphne I do recall being great in "A Peach of a Pair." Aside from that, Ates and Clyde would be up there. Still hoping all the Monograms will be released one day. Anybody but El Brendel...

Now you ask me if I believe a man can become a wolf. Well, if you mean can he take on the physical characteristics of an animal, no, it's fantastic. However, I do believe that most anything can happen to a man in his own mind.

Facebook Comments