Soitenly
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2017 MLB Thread  (Read 275 times)

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
  • Egghead
  • Sugar Daddy in waiting
    • View Profile
2017 MLB Thread
« on: March 23, 2017, 10:23:46 PM »
  • Publish
  • Let's start this bad boy.  I'll be away all weekend in some town called Cooperstown. Yippy skippy!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

• Bunionhead
      • View Profile
    Re: 2017 MLB Thread
    « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 11:54:47 PM »
  • Publish
  • Cubs/Red Sox World Series this year--that's what most people will be clamoring for. The question I might have is, are the Cubs still a great ratings draw now that the "Curse" is over?

???
    Now you ask me if I believe a man can become a wolf. Well, if you mean can he take on the physical characteristics of an animal, no, it's fantastic. However, I do believe that most anything can happen to a man in his own mind.

Offline JazzBill

• Knothead
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 11:19:23 PM »
  • Publish
  • Cubs/Red Sox World Series this year--that's what most people will be clamoring for. The question I might have is, are the Cubs still a great ratings draw now that the "Curse" is over?

???
    They will be in Chicago.
    "When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
    • Egghead
    • Sugar Daddy in waiting
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 09:15:05 PM »
  • Publish

???

I really think Boston has a lot of question marks barely being addressed, namely the questionable status of David Price, the bullpen, how a line up without Ortiz will function, and whether Pablo Sandoval can last a season.  Boston will be a good team, but I'm not automatically giving them the division the way others are.

Offline Lefty

• Birdbrain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 10:32:24 AM »
  • Publish
  • Predictions:

1.  The Cubs will win the World Series, because whenever they have done so, it has been in consecutive years.  So after this year, they will have to wait until 2125.

2.  The Yankees and Cardinals will buy their way into the post-season.

3.  The Phillies will still suck.

4.  The Phillies will continue to still suck.

5.  The Red Sox will miss the playoffs by one game because of a mental breakdown by their first-base coach.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

• Bunionhead
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 03:19:10 PM »
  • Publish
  • There always seems to be that question of "health"--as in, can the Mets starters stay healthy? And do the Metropolitans have a lineup to back up that great starting pitching?

Can't wait for Opening Day, Sunday and Monday...   [cool]
    Now you ask me if I believe a man can become a wolf. Well, if you mean can he take on the physical characteristics of an animal, no, it's fantastic. However, I do believe that most anything can happen to a man in his own mind.

Facebook Comments