Soitenly
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Myrt And Marge has been restored!  (Read 1674 times)

Offline archiezappa

• Numbskull
    • View Profile
Myrt And Marge has been restored!
« on: July 27, 2015, 11:36:30 AM »
  • Publish
  • The Three Stooges (and Ted Healy) film "Myrt And Marge" has been restored and will be shown at a film festival over Labor Day weekend, hosted by John Carpenter.

The following is from Facebook:

Author Bill Cassara will introduce a new 35mm restoration print of "MYRT AND MARGE" and autograph his new biography of Ted Healy [Nobody's Stooge] at Cinecon 51 in Hollywood at the Egyptian Theater over Labor Day Weekend.

Offline metaldams

• Global Moderator
    • Egghead
    • Sugar Daddy in waiting
      • View Profile
    Re: Myrt And Marge has been restored!
    « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 09:15:53 PM »
  • Publish
  • The Three Stooges (and Ted Healy) film "Myrt And Marge" has been restored and will be shown at a film festival over Labor Day weekend, hosted by John Carpenter.

The following is from Facebook:

Author Bill Cassara will introduce a new 35mm restoration print of "MYRT AND MARGE" and autograph his new biography of Ted Healy [Nobody's Stooge] at Cinecon 51 in Hollywood at the Egyptian Theater over Labor Day Weekend.

If you or anybody else is going, please let us know how the film is.  If I get a copy of it later on, you know darn well I'll let you all know my opinion when the time comes.  I've been known to do that once in a while.

Offline falsealarms

• Bunionhead
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 05:49:49 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hopefully, the restored film gets released on DVD/Blu-Ray, even if it's just a DVD-R.

Offline locoboymakesgood

• I Loves Gravy!
    • Numbskull
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 01:46:30 PM »
  • Publish
  • If I can get some time off of work that week, I'm going to make an effort to go.

I wonder what made Universal restore what is a rather obscure and forgotten film from their catalog. Does anyone have any details on the restoration process or how it was decided?
    "Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline archiezappa

• Numbskull
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 10:11:35 AM »
  • Publish
  • On NOVEMBER 6th at 1:00 held in the EAST MEADOW LIBRARY Auditorium John Carpenter will be hosting "FROM VAUDEVILLE TO HOLLYWOOD --- TED HEALY & HIS STOOGES" a entertaining, education retrospect on the birth of a comedy tradition of clowns in a filmed recreation of their act "PLANE NUTS" and one of their first & RAREST feature Films "MYRT AND MARGE" !!!

***NOTE: This will be the NEW YORK Premiere screening for the public of both these 1933 films! CALL THE PROGRAM DEPT ASAP: (516) 794-2570 ext 218 TO SAY YOU ARE PRO STOOGE & THAT THIS VENUE IS SO GREAT TO HOST THEIR RETURN TO BEING HOUSEHOLD NAMES!

**November 1st NEWSDAY NEWSPAPER will be running TWO ARTICLES on this MOVIE MAN MATINEE EVENT SCREENING in the L.I.Life Section of the Top NY publication !

Offline healyhouston

• Grapehead
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 12:23:56 PM »
  • Publish
  • I have a bootleg DVD of Myrt and Marge and its very interesting.  You get to see the Stooges and Ted at the end acting as themselves with hair greased back.

Offline archiezappa

• Numbskull
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 11:05:56 AM »
  • Publish
  • I'm still hoping for an official DVD release of this movie.  We need to bug Universal Pictures.  I really wish that this movie, as well as Fugitive Lovers and Start Cheering would be released on DVD, officially.  I need these to complete my collection.  Does anyone know who to contact?

Offline Shemp_Diesel

• Bunionhead
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 05:38:17 PM »
  • Publish
  • I think the thing I've been waiting for is someone to release Shemp's three Monogram features from the mid to late 40s, but who knows if that day will ever come... 

:-\
    Now you ask me if I believe a man can become a wolf. Well, if you mean can he take on the physical characteristics of an animal, no, it's fantastic. However, I do believe that most anything can happen to a man in his own mind.

Offline archiezappa

• Numbskull
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 07:03:55 PM »
  • Publish
  • I think the thing I've been waiting for is someone to release Shemp's three Monogram features from the mid to late 40s, but who knows if that day will ever come... 

:-\

Yeah, I know.  I was always hoping for those three movies to be released on DVD, preferably as a trilogy.  It would work. 

I'm still waiting for "Fugitive Lovers," "Start Cheering" and, as I previously said, "Myrt And Marge."

Facebook Comments