Soitenly
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need Help with a Stooge Episode??!?  (Read 2614 times)

Offline vomit

• Puddinhead
  • Shemp RULES!
    • View Profile
Need Help with a Stooge Episode??!?
« on: March 07, 2010, 07:03:07 PM »
OK, my boy was aksing for a short tonight.  I think it is a later Curly episode.  Moe & Larry are putting up posters; Larry jams his brush under moe's chin and says (not recognizing him as Moe): "Beat it Gramps!  We don't want any kibitzers!" (Or words to that effect).  A classic line.  I tried looking through the transcripts tonight, but could not find it.

I will gladly buy a Blatz for anyone who can help me out. [cool]
Specto Caelum!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

• Bunionhead
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help with a Stooge Episode??!?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 07:17:20 PM »
Three Little Twirps
Now you ask me if I believe a man can become a wolf. Well, if you mean can he take on the physical characteristics of an animal, no, it's fantastic. However, I do believe that most anything can happen to a man in his own mind.

Offline vomit

• Puddinhead
  • Shemp RULES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 03:31:23 PM »
Much thanks!!!  I love it!
Specto Caelum!

Offline throatwobblermangrove

• Porcupine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 06:49:26 PM »
On that note, I have one I've been searching for as well and hopefully someone can help with it, as a series of Google searches hasn't done the trick.

It's a Shemp episode, and I think they may have been detectives. What I do remember for certain is that at some point, during a meeting with their boss (the boys are all sitting in front of his desk), Shemp's mind starts to wander and he pulls out a knife and carves off a big hunk of the guy's desk.

Please help, and if you can, I'll be quite appreciative.

Thanks!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 07:08:03 PM »
during a meeting with their boss (the boys are all sitting in front of his desk), Shemp's mind starts to wander and he pulls out a knife and carves off a big hunk of the guy's desk.

SLAPHAPPY SLEUTHS (1950)

Offline beebee

• Porcupine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 08:38:38 PM »
I'm hoping that this is the right thread for this question. If not, please direct me to the right one. Thank you so much.

I tuned in to the beginning of a show that I had recorded on TIVO a few months ago. At the beginning of that show, the last seconds of a Three Stooges movie played. I would love to know what movie that was. I've searched through transcripts an youtube, but I can't find it.

From what I remember, the three wake up in a pile of rubble--it looks like a construction site scene, but I couldn't see this particular scene in the youtube clips on How High Is Up. In the rubble, just beneath them appear to be a few partially rubble-enclosed men, who are also just coming to. The three grab something (mallets?) and hit the guys on the head to the sound of a xylophone playing. It was short and sweet, and hysterical. I couldn't stop laughing, and it was the first time that I'd ever 'gotten' one of their routines. I grew up watching them, but I never liked them. For whatever reason, this clip struck me as brilliant.

Can you help me to identify which movie it was from?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 09:42:04 PM »
From what I remember, the three wake up in a pile of rubble--it looks like a construction site scene, but I couldn't see this particular scene in the youtube clips on How High Is Up. In the rubble, just beneath them appear to be a few partially rubble-enclosed men, who are also just coming to. The three grab something (mallets?) and hit the guys on the head to the sound of a xylophone playing. It was short and sweet, and hysterical. I couldn't stop laughing, and it was the first time that I'd ever 'gotten' one of their routines. I grew up watching them, but I never liked them. For whatever reason, this clip struck me as brilliant.

THEY STOOGE TO CONGA (1943)

xraffle

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 09:43:04 PM »
I was just about to post but Brent beat me to it.

Offline beebee

• Porcupine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 03:24:45 PM »
AWESOME! Thanks to BeAStooge and xraffle for the help! Searching youtube for the title, I was able to find the clip!

It's at 6:36 of the video below. BIG thanks to BeAStooge and xraffle for the quick help! I'm amazed and thrilled! :D :D :D