The first concert I went to was to see a brand new artist named Elton John opening for John Sebastian in early 1970....does anybody even remember John Sebastian any more?
Ever since I've been growing my hair and sideburns longer this past year, both parents and my Aunt, all independent of each other, have told me I look like John Sebastian.
Shows I've been too I can remember. Mostly metal, but my tastes are a tad more eclectic these days. Still love the metal, though.
- About four or five different Ozzfests. The majority of them have become interchangeable. I don't like most of the bands on these bills because while they're heavy, they can't write songs. There'll always be a Judas Priest or Black Sabbath to make Ozzfest worth it. Seeing Motorhead headline the second stage in '98 and being a few feet away from Lemmy was a truly awesome experience.
- Metallica, four times. '94, '97, '98, '03. Got backstage in '97. Incredible band.
- Jethro Tull and ELP, mid 90's
- KISS - 10/9/96, Philadelphia
- Judas Priest and Megadeth four times each. The former twice with Ripper on vocals and twice with Halford, once with Queensryche opening, once with Anthrax.
- Pantera, Slayer, Morbid Angel, and a couple of other bands on the Extreme Steel tour in 2000. I believe it was Pantera's last tour.
- Eric Clapton
- Twisted Sister at the Electric Factory in '05. A very entertaining show.
- Because my ex was into hair metal, I got dragged along to a bill that had Ratt, Dokken, Warrant, Firehouse, and L.A. Guns all in the same night! Also saw Ratt in some crap bar in Dover, Delaware. I don't usually drink, but I got wasted that night!
- Easter Sunday 2002 - Is there a better day for extreme metal? Not a fan of these bands, but some friends dragged me along to a bill with Cannibal Corpse and Dimmu Borgir and The Haunted.
- Iron Maiden twice. Another awesome live band
- In Flames and Nevermore
Wish I could see:
The Who with Keith Moon
AC/DC with Bon Scott
Ray Davies with an acoustic guitar in a local coffee shop.
The Beatles in Hamburg