What exactly is causing the delay? Is Rob having a hard time adding the Team Stooge login on the main site? I can only imagine how backed up BeAStooge is with the updates since he always worked very hard everyday to add and update the information on this site.
Actually, it is a combination of factors that have been holding things up:
- Early last summer we suddenly started having problems with the site. It was overtaxing the resources on the server, which caused the system admins to shut the site down. In order to solve the problem, I was forced to move the forum over to this domain.
- Moving the forum meant I couldn't use it to authenticate members on threestooges.net, so I started to work on trying to develop my own login authentication (not as easy as it sounds.)
- Just a couple of weeks after all of that, the motherboard on my desktop PC crapped out on me. All of my work is stored on a hard drive on that computer, but since the computer is down the files are unavailable. I've been getting bled dry by a damned lawyer for the past couple of years (it's a long story), so I haven't had the money to get my PC rebuilt. Donations to the site also completely dried up, which didn't help either.
- My laptop, while perfectly adequate for web browsing, isn't really very good for working on the site. It's too slow to work as a development server, and doesn't have enough hard drive space to store all of the files from the two domains to work on them.
- Last, but not least, I simply got burnt out and frustrated, by these problems and by a number of other personal issues.
Fortunately, I am finally free of the blood-sucking lawyer (this week was the final payment.) Unfortunately, I incurred a number of medical bills back in December which I still have to pay off, but hopefully I will be able to set aside enough to repair my PC sometime in August and then I will finally be able to get back to work on the site.
I'm also hopeful that I might be able to recombine the site, when I get back to it. Upgrading the forum seems to have helped enormously, and we seem to have finally gotten the spammer problem under control. If I can recombine the forum with the main site it will make it much quicker and easier to wrap up the Team Stooge functions.
So don't give up all hope, guys. With any luck things will be getting back to normal later this summer. (Keep your fingers crossed!)