I am interested in collecting audio and/or radio interviews from any and every person related to the Stooges. Years ago, Gary Lassin was kind enough to send me a cassette of a radio interview of Morris Feinberg, Larry's brother. It aired on Boston radio station WBZ. I'd love to find more things like that, but I don't know where to start. I also don't know how many interviews exist. Here are the types of people I'm interested in, interview-wise.
1) The Stooges themselves
2) Family members (i.e. Joan & Paul, Janie, Lyla Budnick, Gary Lassin, Jean DeRita etc.)
3) Supporting players (i.e. Emil Sitka, Adam West etc.)
4) Directors/Producers (i.e. Ed Bernds)
5) Authors being interviewed to promote a Stooges book
6) Any audio from Three Stooges conventions/fan club meetings (i.e. banquet entertainment, Q&A sessions, etc.)
The only stipulation is that, in the case of someone such as Adam West, the interview has to be predominantly about the Stooges. I probably wouldn't enjoy sitting through an hour-long interview for just a few minutes or less about the Stooges. Right now I'm just testing the waters to see what type of stuff exists, and how much it will cost me to obtain copies. It would probably have to be for money, but I'd be willing to trade for what little I do have. Here's a list of a few things I own. I have a CD-Recorder and would be willing to make copies.
1) The Three Stooges Sing Six Happy Yuletide Songs
(The Rhino reissue)
2) Snow White and the Three Stooges
3) Madcap Musical Nonsense
(A friend taped his copy of the LP. I later transfered it to CD)
4) The Nonsense Songbook
LP on vinyl. I also own the CD reissue of the album.
5) As mentioned before, I do own a mid-80s radio interview of Morris Feinberg, in which he promotes his book Larry, the Stooge in the Middle
. It aired on Boston radio station, WBZ.
6) The 1991 Three Stooges Convention banquet. I attended that year and took along a small tape recorder. I recorded the comments made by such attendees as David "Curly" Knight, Ted Healy II and Suzanne Kaaren from Disorder in the Court
. I also have all of Paul "Mousie" Garner's banquet performance, as well as Knight and fellow Stooge impersonators Ken Heath and Billy West cutting up. I also captured the audio of two TV news broadcasts about the convention. The whole thing is a treat to hear, even if you weren't in attendance.
So, can anyone help me track down more Stooge-related audio and/or radio interviews. I appreciate the help.